Culture and Environment
American Public Media has it all—arts, culture, community-building,
technology, lifelong learning. American Public Media is a national leader because
our employees share a passion for news, classical music, and community.
Why work at American Public Media? In addition to being the best public radio
organization in the country, American Public Media offers competitive wages,
an informal atmosphere, great benefits
, and flexibility.
At American Public Media we value the contributions of each employee and celebrate
the unique life experience each individual brings to the table. American Public
Media is committed to an organizational environment that seeks, nurtures, values,
and rewards multiple perspectives that reflect differences in age, race, education,
religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, geographic origin, gender, and lifestyle.
American Public Media follows MPR's Statement of Goals for Cultural Diversity,
as approved by the Board of Directors on April 3, 1991:
- An atmosphere of acceptance, civility, and respect for the rights and sensibilities
of each individual, regardless of economic background or status, ethnic background,
political views, sexual orientation, gender, or other personal characteristics
- An organizational environment that seeks, nurtures, values, and rewards
multiple perspectives that reflect the rich heritage of many cultures;
- A workforce diverse in age, ability, education, race, religion, ethnicity,
geographic origin, lifestyle, and life experience;
- A broadcast product that communicates diverse cultural experiences and
enhances listener understanding of them;
- A community presence supportive of cultural diversity through meaningful
collaborations with and support of other organizations.