Advent is a time of quiet contemplation and waiting. It's waiting for darkness to become light and for hopes to be realized. Throughout the centuries Advent has been observed musically in sacred and secular ways. Join Lynne Warfel for an hour of the most beautiful vocal music inspired by and written for Advent.
Information available in November
- Niles: I Wonder As I Wander - Emma Kirkby
- Verdelot: Gabriel Archangelus - NY Polyphony
- Trad. Arr. Craig: Gabriel's Message - NY Polyphony
- Part: Magnificat - The Tallis Scholars
- Traditional: Quem Pastores - The Cambridge Singers
- Huron Carol: Twas in the Moon of Wintertime - Cantus
- Poulenc: Videntes Stellam - Choir of Trinity College
- Lauridsen: O Magnum Mysterium - Chamber Choir of Europe
- Trad.: Taladh Chriosda - Apollo's Fire with Meredith Hall
- Holst: In the Bleak Midwinter - Theatre of Voices
- Scheidt: O Jesulein Zart - Bryn Terfel and Nidus Choir
- Trad.: Away in a Manger sung in Welsh - Bryn Terfel
- Trad.: Still, Still, Still - Choir of Clare College Cambridge
- Trad.: Sweet Little Jesus Boy - Jessye Norman
59:00 in three segments. There will be one floating internal 1-minute break. Please refer to the Rundown for full details.
ContentDepot File Transfer
Uploaded to ContentDepot on November 15, 2016.
Content Depot link:
November 21 – December 26, 2016, with multiple airings permitted.
Affiliate stations may carry this program multiple times before January 1, 2017. The program must be carried in its entirety. No excerpting is permitted. Simulcast streaming rights are available for this program. Prior to carrying this program, stations must contact their American Public Media Station Relations Representative.
program web site
Available in ContentDepot on November 15, 2016.